The DSN Best Paper Award
The DSN Best Paper Award has been presented since 2014 to recognize the best technical paper each year at the conference. Up to 3 candidates are selected by the Program Committee and the Steering Committee for presentation in the Best Paper Award Session at the conference. Final selection is made by a vote of the conference attendees at the conclusion of the BPA Session.
List of Past Best Paper Award Winners
- 2021: "PID-Piper: Recovering Robotic Vehicles from Physical Attacks" Pritam Dash (University of British Columbia, CA), Guanpeng Li (University of Iowa, US); Zitao Chen, Mehdi Karimibiuki, Karthik Pattabiraman (University of British Columbia, CA)
- 2020: "CDN Backfired: Amplification Attacks Based on HTTP Range Requests" Weizhong Li (Tsinghua University), Kaiwen Shen (Tsinghua University), Run Guo (Tsinghua University), Baojun Liu (Tsinghua University), Jia Zhang (Tsinghua University), Haixin Duan (Tsinghua University), Shuang Hao (University of Texas at Dallas), Xiarun Chen (Peking University), Yao Wang (Beijing Information Science & Technology University)
- 2019: "Understanding and Modeling On-Die Error Correction in Modern DRAM: An Experimental Study Using Real Devices" Minesh Patel (ETH Zürich); Jeremie Kim (ETH Zürich, CMU); Hasan Hassan (ETH Zürich); Onur Mutlu (ETH Zürich, CMU)
- 2018: "Wren: Nonblocking Reads in Partitioned Transactional Causally Consistent Data Store" Kristina Spriovska, Diego Didona, Willy Zwaenepoel (EPFL)
- 2017: "What Can We Learn from For Years of Data Center Hardware Failures?," Guosai Wang, and Wei Xu.
- 2016: "A Quantitative Methodology for Security Monitor Deployment," Uttam Thakore, Gabriel A. Weaver, and William H. Sanders.
- 2015: "Leveraging State Information for Automated Attack Discovery in Transport Protocol Implementations," Samuel Jero, Hyojeong Lee, and Cristina Nita-Rotaru.
- 2014: "Reliability and Security Monitoring of Virtual Machines Using Hardware Architectural Invariants," Cuong Pham, Zachary Estrada, Phuong Cao, Zbigniew Kalbarczyk, and Ravishankar Iyer.